New Challenge

Yesterday I did a type of mystery shop that is fairly new to me. Mystery shopping, as you may know, generally involves making “undercover” observations at a business and reporting the details. Yesterday's shop was more of an inspection, one for which I had to identify myself and explain that I was doing an audit. 

I see job offers from this particular mystery shopping company all the time, but I had hesitated taking them because for some shops a background check is needed and I didn’t want to go through the whole process at this point. However, this particular shop only needed me to have a photo on file. It was close to my office, so I requested the job and was accepted . 

The project was simple enough. Enter the building, present my letter of authorization, ask a few questions about where certain facilities were located, and finally, take photos of specific areas. The form I had to fill out was quick and simple. The pay was reasonable at $13 considering the time I spent preparing, completing and reporting. 

Based on the amount of shops I see that are walking distance from my office, I think this type of work for this company could bring in a good amount of cheddar each month. However, I plan to make sure my shop is accepted before taking on further shops of this type.

To that end - as a mystery shopper, one always runs the risk of a shop being rejected. Sometimes it’s because directions weren't followed closely, or the shopper forgot something important (like asking a required question or getting the name of an employee). Even as a mystery shopper with more than 20 years of experience, I occasionally have a shop rejected. It's frustrating and annoying, especailly when there is a layout of my own cash (such as for a restaurant meal), but it comes with the territory and it shows why you should always read your shop notes carefully, even if it's a shop you've done several times before. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fighting for Extra Cheddar